Learn Traditional Vietnamese Cuisine - Hoi An
A Family Cooking School
We will embark by boat ( about 35 minutes trip) to join my family’s village on a small island on the river delta of Hoi An.
Upon your arrival, you will be served a fresh fruit juice a typical Vietnamese fruit based drink, to welcome you. While you enjoy your drink, It will be the opportunity to learn about the vietnamese countryside life and meet Grandma.
From here, we will go to my family’s home where you will begin your cooking lesson. Learn how the rice paper used in “nems” is prepared, and make your own using the stone grind used by my grandmother to make rice flour, and learn how to prepare several typical dishes of this region:
- Banh Xeo (small rice flour crepes) a specialty of Hoi An.
- Grilled, marinated pork brochettes with a special sauce.
- Green papaya salad
- Fish prepared according to a local recipe.
Once the meal has been prepared, we will enjoy the meal in my grandmother’s garden. You will also be served pumpkin soup and “Xí Mà“ a dessert (black sesame puding).
We will return to Hoi An by boat (or by bicycle if preferred, see details below)
- Time: Start at 3:30pm - Return 8pm.
- If "Market tour" (option 1), start at 2pm.
- No bicycle ride available for the afternoon program.
- - Welcome drink.
- - English speaking Teacher.
- - All the food for the ake the meal.
- - Book of receipt (English only).
- - Additional Drink.
- - Inssurances.
Price: 30 usd.